The Hoover High School Guidance Department offers a program of guidance and counseling services to meet the diverse needs of all students . Each service is aimed at helping students learn and develop to their highest potential. Some of the services in the School Counseling Program are:
· Individual sessions to help students socially, emotionally and academically.
· Classroom lessons to help students acquire interpersonal/social skills, career awareness/exploration and study/organizational skills.
· Small groups addressing areas of need.
· Peer helping programs in which trained students help other students in various situations.
· Conference with parents, both individually and with the team of teachers.
These are a few of the services we offer you and your student. If you have any questions or wish to meet with a counselor about your child, please call 439-1200 or you may email us at the above listed email addresses.