The senior year is an exciting time in the life of a high school student. Hopefully, you are already making plans for your future! See checklist below for important activities seniors should be participating in:
· Study for the SAT and ACT using your Method Test Prep Account
· Create and/or update your resume.
· Register for and take the ACT and/or SAT.
· Review testing results and use them to study for the next test.
· Take an additional interest inventory like the one found on onetonline.com to see if you have changed or developed since last year.
· Attend HHS private visits with college representatives for schools which you are interested and visit with college representatives at Hoover’s college fair. Attend NACAC College Fair at the BJCC.
· Complete your senior packet and return to Mrs. Bond in the College and Career office.
· Talk to two junior teachers who you might ask to write your letters of recommendation.
· Visit college campuses that you are interested in or even if you are nearby because of family vacation.
· Employment and community service counts.
· Begin college applications in August 2016 if available!
I am available to meet with students individually to help identify interests and possible career goals. Mrs. Bond will be available to meet with seniors regarding the college admissions process in the Spring.
Below are some helpful website to assist you in this process.
Community service: https://www.dosomething.org
Career search: alcareerinfo.org (This is the website used in 9th Grade Career Preparedness/Academy classes)
www.mynextmove.org or www.careerprofiles.info
College planning: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/get-started and Mrs. Bond's website (College & Career Specialist)